Posted on Saturday, 25 August 2012
There is no retreating from the hookup culture to an earlier age, when a young man showed up at the front door with a box of chocolates for his sweetheart, and her father eyed him warily. Even the women most frustrated by the hookup culture don’t really want that. The hookup culture is too bound up with everything that’s fabulous about being a young woman in 2012—the freedom, the confidence, the knowledge that you can always depend on yourself. The only option is what Hannah’s friends always tell her—stop doing what feels awful, and figure out what doesn’t.
All I wanna do is a zoom zoom.
- grilled--cheese reblogged this from garrulouskate
- garrulouskate reblogged this from occupyvday
- waitingonyourletters likes this
- imaginarywallscollapse likes this
- withinarayoflight reblogged this from occupyvday
- afeministmind reblogged this from occupyvday
- eveamedeus reblogged this from occupyvday
- momentsofinfinity likes this
- herself-thesoothing likes this
- dendroica likes this
- occupyvday posted this